Pages

Thursday, 27 August 2015

RESULTS OF 2015 CIE EXAMINATIONS

I must first apologise for the lateness of this blog post. Results of the Cambridge International Examinations at AS and A level were released on August 11, but it is only now when the month is nearly over, that I am actually getting a chance to share them with you. My excuse is that this is a very busy time for all of us: not only are we working hard to ensure our new junior students are settling in well. We are also committed to helping last year's seniors with their university preparation, whether overseas or at home.

However, now that I am able to see the wood for the trees a little better, I am delighted to be able to report on our CIE results for juniors and seniors. I say delighted, because they are even better than we had been hoping for. Last year's results were the best in the college's history. This year, our students have managed to improve yet again. This is a very happy position to be in, and I take the greatest pleasure in sharing the good news with you. 

Below you will see a comparison of the percentage results obtained by KYUEM students in 2014 and 2015 at A level, showing grades A* to B. I can honestly say that any college in the world would be extremely proud of such scores:


Last year's junior students also did very well in their AS examinations.


  
2014
2015
a
69%
69%
b
15%
17%
c
11%
9%
d
3%
3%
e
2%
1%
u
 -
 -




AS examination letter grades are shown as lower case to distinguish them from A levels. You will see that we equalled last year's 'a' grade scores and slightly improved the 'b' grades. Grades 'c-e' are all lower than last year, which is encouraging and we managed to avoid any 'u' (unclassified) grades both last year and this. Examination boards don't use words like "pass" and "fail" any more, but believe me, no one wants to receive a 'u' grade!

This year's seniors now need to keep hard at it in order to maintain and even improve on this excellent first year's work. The new juniors will see that they have a high standard to live up to. I am sure they will do their very best.

My warmest congratulations to all our students and my thanks to their teachers for helping them to achieve such excellent results.

No comments:

Post a Comment